Wednesday 16 September 2015

Luke's Lobster Roll @ Harajuku, Tokyo

After seeing a Hong Kong presenter Helen To eating a Lobster's roll, I sought to find this infamous Luke's Lobster stall out when I was in Tokyo. On a rainy early evening and equipped with a leaky umbrella that dripped, it took a while to walk in the right direction! Google map does not work well in Japan and the compass was quite temperamental! Perhaps it was the weather that made it worse but eventually i found my way there after a few shakes on my phone.

Luke's Lobster @ on Cat Street in Harajuku, Tokyo

 I had heard that there would often be a long queue for this eatery but I think that the weather ensured that not many people would come or maybe it was the fact that it was 6pm and everyone would be having dinner and not a snack like this. Yeah, this was only a snack for me! I had decided to eat something else later on for dinner.
Me, standing outside waiting for my order.


Menu @ Luke's Lobster Tokyo

Apparently, Luke's Lobster only takes the knuckle and claw meat from a lobster to use because these parts are the sweetest and tenderest! I thought that the larger US sized Lobster Roll would be longer but the staff told me that it's the same size but more lobster. A regular size roll (costing 980 yen- HK$64/ GBP5.30) would have equivalent to 3 lobster's claws (that's 6), whereas the US size (costing 1580 yen-HK$103/GBP8.60) would have equivalent to 5 lobster claws (10 claws!). Guess what a lobster loving me would decide to have?  The US size of course! 

By the way, I forgot to mention that the lobsters used are all imported from Maine! Yeah, that's right! Luke's Lobster started in New York, has many restaurants in the US and has expanded it's business to Tokyo, Japan too! Lucky me!



How did it taste? The lobster meat was sweet and succulent! I'm salivating now as I am reminiscing! I wish they would expand their business to Hong Kong so I can have one now!

Here's the google map link, if you happen to be near Harajuku:

ルークス 表参道店
150-0001 東京都渋谷区 神宮前6-7-1


Or... you can try to make it yourself! I found this recipe online but maybe it would be difficult to buy Maine lobster here!

Luke's Lobster Roll Recipe

Cook Time: N/A
Prep Time: 15 min
Ingredients
( Serves 4 )
5 pound live Maine lobster (yields 1 lb. of lobster meat)
4 whole Top-split New England-style hot dog buns
2 tablespoon mayonnaise
1/2 pound butter (unsalted)
1 whole lemon
3 pinch celery salt
3 pinch oregano
3 pinch black pepper

Directions
  1. Steam the 5 pounds of lobster for 10-12 minutes, then pick lobster meat (should yield 1 pound of lobster meat).
  2. Use top-split New England-style hot dog buns — butter sides of 4 rolls and grill until golden brown.
  3. Line inside of hot dog bun with some mayonnaise.
  4. Add 1/4 pound of prepared lobster meat, then drizzle a little melted butter on top of lobster.
  5. Sprinkle a pinch of celery salt, pinch of oregano, and pinch of black pepper on top of lobster.
  6. Squeeze a little fresh lemon over the lobster roll. Serve.
Recipe Credit to: Luke's Lobster Roll Recipe

If you're in the U.S., find your nearest Luke's Lobster on their website:
http://lukeslobster.com/

Hope you liked my post! If you do, please follow me or leave a comment! Thanks!
My Facebook Page has daily updates of videos and photos! Check it out!
Carms' Diary Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment